Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Arab Spring

For my second action project for Forbidden Books, my classmates and I dove deep into religion. We looked at at three of the most popular religions Islam,Christianity, and Judaism. We also looked at books that were banned around that time and focused on the reasoning behind that. We had many field experiences to better our knowledge of each religion and its context.For this action project my classmates and I had to pick a specif country and time period about banning of a certain book and what events led up to that. My project is on 2010-2012 Arab Spring movement through out the Middle East and parts of North Africa. The people were getting censored due to the powerful dictators in their countries also prohibiting them from things such as their basic human rights. I think that these people stood up for what they believed and ended up winning! Down below is my project, enjoy!


______

No comments:

Post a Comment