Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fantastic Fennec Fox


The first action project for my Population class was to pick an organism and conduct research on it. My classmates and I learned about taxonomy and how it is used to classify organisms. The abbreviations taxonomy uses to help classify the organism is KPCOFGS. These stand for kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, and species. These abbreviations help us get a better understanding of what we are classifying and a better understanding of the organism. We also learned about set notation, set notation is a way of describing which items belong in a sequence and which do not. Specific symbols are used for the notations in order to identify them. Below I will be describing variations of set notations for the Fennec fox.

The organism I chose was the Fennec fox. The Fennec fox resides in the sandy desert of the Sahara. This fox has unusually large ears to consume the heat. The Fennec fox is the smallest of the candid breed. Below is my Venn diagram, comparing my animal with two others.


AMK(2014) Venn Diagram
                                             


AMK Venn Diagram. (2014).


AMK Set Notation for Fennec Fox.  (2014)




No comments:

Post a Comment