Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Dreams And Dream Catchers





For this Action Project my class mates and I had to create a dream catcher to symbolize our good and bad dreams, using color and materials. The most rewarding part of this action project was completing the dream catcher it was awesome seeing my final outcome. The hardest part of this action project was trying to understand and incorporate the colors and the materials into the dream catcher, often times the fathers would fall off or my beads would loosen from the string.

We also had to have our dream analyzed by someone we trusted and were comfortable with. I chose to tell my brother my dream because he's close to me and I felt as if he would not judge me based on how wacky my dreams are. Below is my dream and his interpretation of it. Overall This action project was a success! If you look further below I also have explanations on my dream catcher.

Living The Dream:

One day I was walking down Time Square in New York ( I don’t know how I got to New York though). I entered a busy mall, when a lady came up to me and ‘would you like to work with me at a professional fashion and modeling company’? For some reason I said yes. The next day I go to the fashion agency with her and I see models, designs for new clothing, and busy grown adults running everywhere! She showed me my little office and told me I can sketch, and pitch any ideas I want, for some reason no one was concerned with my age. I began sketching my ideas and showing them to whom they called ‘the boss lady’, she loved the ideas and before I knew my designs came to life and models were modeling my clothing. I was so happy with becoming successful the past couple of days, I decided to throw a party. Once the party started I recall hearing Drake blaring through the speakers, everyone was out of control but I didn't really care. Next thing I know I hear a loud crash, followed by someone screaming my name, I then woke up to my dad telling me ‘its time for school’.

My brother interpreted my dream by saying it must have been doing something I wanted to do but didn't think about as often. I then started to wonder about that statement because, I have always had a passion for fashion, but I have never thought about it as a real job to do wen I become older. Sharing my dream with my brother was casual for me because if one of us were to have a crazy dream we would often share it with one another, so I was already used to this. It felt nice to hear another perspective on what my dream meant because usually I would try to analyze what my dream meant for myself. Maybe if I would have came to my brother sooner this dream would have already been clear to me. Having this particular dream analyzed also makes me wonder if my unconscious is trying to get a message across.



This is the middle of my dream catcher. The middle resembles a spiderweb so that all bad dreams can get caught. The reason why I chose the beads are close together is because I've been having bad dreams in pairs of four so I decided to put them close together, I believe if I hang my dream catcher up above my bed then I would not have bad dreams.I also had to put something in the middle to represent good dreams, or what I would enjoy dreaming about (my bliss). I decided on a heart because a heart can mean multiple things, the heart for me meant love, eating ( I love eating!), family, and friends.














The bottom of my dream catcher are also happy things that I would enjoy dreaming about, or want to have good dreams about. I chose green feathers because, green symbolizes restfulness I believe everyone needs they're rest while they are asleep because that's the time when you escape from you're problems in the real world. You wouldn't want to have a nightmare that would just make you stressed out in the real world. I also think you should not resist restfulness because humans need they're rest, you are not a machine! I also chose a big blue feather because it symbolizes calmness, you also need calmness once in a while (also when you are sleeping). I personally believe calmness and restfulness is key to a healthy happy life. That is why I chose these two colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment