Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Script Dialogue


In the second unit for Drama, my classmates and I focused on plays and dialogues. We read Henrik Ibsen's A doll's house and The little Foxes by Lillian Hellman. Both plays focus on gender roles in society. These plays helped my classmates and I address our guiding question;"should men and women have different roles in society". We bettered our understanding of gender roles by, going to see a play called Marie Antoinette. This play showed us common gender roles during the 1700's. Given that, we then dove deep into our action project where we were to choose a historical woman and write a play with that person, and another character from a play we've already read. This play would shed light on what a historical female figure would say to someone who has been oppressed by gender roles. The character I decided to chose was, Chimamanda  Ngozi. Although she is not necessarily an historical figure she still stands up against inequality towards females, making her a feminist. She has a huge impact on my script because she changes the viewpoint of someone who has been oppressed by basic gender roles. down below is where you can find my script, enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment